In Monday’s COVID-19 update, Governor Andy Beshear stated that he would not overturn the KHSAA’s decision to continue the fall sports schedule a planned.
Even though he had concerns, he stated that he could not make every single decision.
He stated that the decision came down to each school district, players, coaches and parents.
So the KHSAA fall season will continue.
Monday, August 24 was the first day of practice.
Games are set to begin the season the week of September 7 for soccer, volleyball and cross country.
The high school football season will kickoff Friday, September 11.
- Brooklyn Beckham launching fashion career?
- Sir Ian McKellen, John Rhys-Davies and Martin Freeman reunite to save J.R.R. Tolkien's house
- Wrestling icon Sting joins AEW in full-time deal
- Mads Mikkelsen doesn't want 'detachment' from Johnny Depp
- Rita Wilson and Tom Hanks still have antibodies 9 months after COVID-19 diagnosis
- Prince Harry: Archie 'changed everything'
- Miley Cyrus had 'too much conflict' with Liam Hemsworth
- Jennifer Lopez warns The Weeknd headlining the Super Bowl Halftime show is 'intense'
- Williams: 'I'm mad as hell'
- Indictment: Business owner made millions charging clients for services paid for by Medicaid
- Former Big Sandy Prison employee, inmate indicted on meth trafficking, other charges
- Kentucky highways rank among the best in the country
- Wheelwright discusses Christmas plans, annual parade unlikely this year
- Floyd County sees nearly 800 COVID-19 cases in November
- Floyd superintendent discusses moves made at recent meeting
- P’burg to open hoops season in 15th Region All ‘A’ Classic
- Blackcats fall to West Carter in Class 2A playoffs
- Johnnie L. Turner overtakes Johnny Ray Turner for 29th Dist