Jason Wilde breaks down the Green Bay Packers' roster by position in a nine-part series, looking at the team's depth, competitions for playing time and which players to watch out for this season.
“I think in general, for all players, having competition usually elevates their game,” general manager Brian Gutekunst said.
Coach Matt LaFleur said near the end of the team’s virtual offseason program that Dillon joining forces with Jones and Williams doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll be three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust time in Green Bay this season.
“For them to not pick a guy early on, to me, says they really like our (wide receivers),” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said midway through the virtual offseason program.
“We’re really excited about Jace and where he can go. I think the sky’s the limit,” Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst says.
Replacing right tackle Bryan Bulaga, who started 124 career games (including playoffs) in Green Bay, is no easy task.
From Tyler Lancaster and Dean Lowry to Montravius Adams and Kingsley Keke, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine needs more from all of the Packers' defensive linemen.
After letting Martinez walk in free agency, the Packers are hoping Kirksey can fill the void in the middle of the field — and deliver more field-tilting plays — at the discounted rate his two-year, $13 million deal provides.
Alexander had 63 tackles (41 solo), two interceptions, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a team-high 23 pass break-ups last season.
With veteran kicker Mason Crosby back and kickoff/punt returner Tyler Ervin both back after re-signing during the offseason, and punter JK Scott and long-snapper Hunter Bradley returning for their third seasons after being drafted in 2018, the Packers appear set with all four of their specialists.
9 updates to this series since Updated
As featured on
- Study: Big Labor spent $1.8 billion on 2020 election cycle
- Beshear announces K-12 school recommendations in response to COVID-19 delta variant
- ‘The Premise’: FX Unveils Star-Studded First Look at B.J. Novak’s Anthology Series
- Pac-12 Media Day: 5 questions for Jedd Fisch, Herm Edwards and the new commish
- Most Intriguing Huskers: No. 3, freshman LT Turner Corcoran
- Inflation woes jeapordize Biden’s infrastructure plan
- ‘FBOY Island’: Meet the Women at the Center of HBO Max’s Reality Series
- Which Canceled Show Would You Like to See Saved? (POLL)
- Prestonsburg man charged with criminal abuse after children left in hot car
- Printer man charged with firing gun into residence
- ‘Spreading like wildfire:’ Concern grows for Delta virus variant, state health officials urge public to get vaccinated
- Floyd Schools BOE votes to provide all necessary supplies for students in coming year
- Wayland man facing several charges after allegedly fleeing from constable
- All Mountain Baseball Teams
- Revealed the secrets behind Rebel Wilson’s incredible weight loss
- Obituaries 7-21-21
- Obituaries 7-14-21
- Wildcats camp in Pikeville