Wisconsin State Journal sports reporters Jim Polzin and Todd Milewski reflect on what was learned at an event where University of Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez announced he's retiring at the end of June.
In this Series
As featured on
Watch as UW celebrates Alvarez's 31-year Badgers career with "Thanks Coach! Celebrating Three Decades of Excellence" at 12:30 p.m. at the Kohl Center.
Barry Alvarez, 74, will finish his term leading the UW athletic program this summer after a 17-year stretch in the seat during which the department's budget nearly doubled.
- 4 observations from the Badgers' first open spring practice
- Prince Charles says he'll miss his 'dear papa' enormously
- Pope Francis hails Prince Philip's 'distinguished record' of public service
- Iggy Azalea: I'm 100 times happier
- Emerald Fennell: I can't please everyone
- Kris Jenner: I'm like the fireman of my family
- Buckingham Palace announces plans for Prince Philip's funeral
- ’90 Day: The Single Life’ Sneak Peek: Debbie Johnson Gets a Dating Profile! (VIDEO)
- Sanders gained more than prize from newspaper’s Easter egg hunt
- Bargain in the Burg set for Saturday
- Man facing murder charge sentenced in unrelated 2019 drug case
- Prestonsburg man charged with endangering a minor
- Moore chosen as Ms. Basketball Candidate
- How the final frontier led to the Star City; Steve Russo reflects on his journey to the EKSC after his recent retirement
- Floyd County begins seeing uptick in COVID cases
- Louisa Police: Floyd man led officers on high-speed chase after shoplifting incident
- Kentucky State Police Post 9 traffic safety checkpoint announcement
- Halle Berry takes 'cold hot showers"'to recover from workouts